Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Hello, my name is Ericka Eaton, welcome to my new blog!! 



I would like to take this first blog to just introduce myself and provide a bit of background. I am 23 years old and I am currently a full-time college student at the University of Missouri in St. Louis. I am studying Communications with a specialty in Public Relations. I also work at the University Bookstore and I am also an intern in the Public Information Department at Kaskaskia College. 

I am on the Executive Board for SEMPA (Student Electronic Professionals Association) at my school, I hold the Secretary position. I have my own radio show at The U ~ UMSL Radio called The Struggle. The show is all about the struggles of everyday life with a comical twist but I might be changing the name soon and taking the show in a different direction. 

I am a writer and photographer for my university's newspaper, The Current. And I am applying for a new position as assistant editor for the Opinions or Features section, so fingers crossed!! 

I also make youtube videos on a weekly basis, which you can watch here:: https://www.youtube.com/user/eeaton1991 - I mostly just talk about my life, kind of like I plan to here but I am thinking that this is going to be more of a diary where I really think about things and evaluate and process the things happening in my life. Plus I am hoping to blog more often than I vlog lol. 

Let's see what else's……

Oh!! I am trying really hard to get into the Entertainment industry. My dream job would be to have my own talk show like Ellen or become a TV Personality like Guilana. But I also thoroughly enjoy acting and am actively pursuing it as some sort of career. 

Well I think that is quite enough for now, don't you????? I am sure we will all learn more about myself as this blog goes on (myself included) but I hope I get to know you readers too. I am hoping this will be a safe place for thought and reflection, good and bad, happy and sad, funny and serious. So please tell me about yourself as well and your thoughts, opinions, and relatable life experiences too!

~ That's all for now my darlings ~

No comments:

Post a Comment